RS PocketBook is a game guide for RuneScape, a long-running online game. While I started developing the RS PocketBook as a passion project with Blair Quinn in 2017, it has since become a leading game guide, recommended by the official RuneScape social media team and individual staff alike.
The RS PocketBook is currently an interactive PDF hosted on a web server. I am currently developing an open-source website to address space limitations and improve user
experience. The next step for the game guide is turning all of its 70+ pages into a fully functional website which keeps the aesthetics and stylistic choices made in the original guide.
- Learning advanced uses of InDesign master pages and layouts.
- Discovering optimisation techniques to make the PDF load quicker in browsers and locally (and reduce file size).
- A Discord community with over 1,400 members.
- More than 1,200 monthly users accessing the website where the PDF is hosted.
- Being an active member in the game community to learn the best game techniques and latest updates.
- Update the guide at least once per month to keep it relevant.
- Keep project management up to date through Trello.
- Put together an update log.
- Convert Blairs written content into infographics and charts within the guide.
- Publish the updates on our web server, Google drive, Discord.
- Design, program and develop our website, and release beta’s for community feedback.